The Family in Transitions Group is starting on April 14th from 10am to 11:30am in the St. Paul location. We plan on holding this meeting the second Saturday of the month and adding additional groups as needed. Mamie Vetsch and Nicole Muzzy will be running the first group together and then switching off every other month.
The Family Transitions Group is open to all adult relatives of transitioning or transgendered persons. This includes adult children, spouses or partners, parents, or other related individuals.
It is important that if a person wants to attend the group, they contact one of the facilitators at least 48 hours before their initial group attendance so we may assess for fit, offer more information about expectations of the group, and answer any questions.
Please reach out to Mamie (Mamie@elliefamilyservices.com) or Nicole M. (Nicole@elliefamilyservices.com), or call the front desk at 651.313.8080.
The intention of our Family Transitions Group is for family members to:
- develop connections with other families who are at various stages in the process
- share personal stories and struggles, and to give voice to experiences
- receive emotional and social support
- ask questions and get feedback and insights from other members
- receive therapeutic skills and strategies for emotional, interpersonal concerns
The out-of-pocket cost is $10 per person. (Sliding scale offered for those who meet income guidelines.)