Family Transitions Group takes place the second Saturday of every month. Led by Matthew, who is very experienced in providing therapy in group settings and takes a compassionate role in helping others to express their feelings and concerns, and to give voice to their stories in creative ways.
Family Transitions Group is open to all adult relatives of transitioning and transgender persons. This includes adult children, spouses or partners, parents and other related individuals.
It is important that if a person wants to attend the group that they contact Matthew at least 48 hours before their initial group attendance, so we may assess for fit, offer more information about expectations of the group and answer any questions or concerns.
Please reach out to Matthew (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call the front desk at 651.313.8080.
The intention of our Family Transitions Group is for family members to:
- develop connections with other families who are at various stages in the process
- share personal stories and struggles, and to give voice to experiences
- receive emotional and social support
- ask questions and get feedback and insights from other members
- receive therapeutic skills and strategies for emotional, interpersonal concerns
The out-of-pocket cost is $10 per person. (Sliding scale offered for those who meet income guidelines.)